Landscape photography is a hobby of many people, for some people, it is even their profession. For the highest quality of landscape photography, you can’t just rely on your normal camera, you’ll need to have the right landscape lens specifically made to capture the best landscape pictures. So if you are looking for the perfect lens, this article is perfect for you. We will provide you with the standard requirements of a good landscape lens following by the reviews of 10 best landscape lenses from Nikon.
The camera lens is a very important tool to attach to your camera in order to snap a beautiful landscape shot. We understand there are many lenses available from Nikon, but the TWO important things to keep in mind should be.
Type of Lens: There are four main types of lenses that are used commonly in landscape photography. These include a wide-angle lens (beautifully capture wide landscape to detail), standard zoom lens (standard 18-85mm range), telephoto lenses (long-distance shots/specific objects), and a prime lens (portrait/capture urban landscapes). These will usually cover focal lengths all the way from 16mm to 200mm (somewhere in the middle would be ideal).
Aperture: What you want to look for is a lens with a fixed aperture (e.g. f/2.8). Although fixed aperture zoom lenses may be expensive, they are more versatile in terms of applications – such as when you transition from daytime to night photography. The auto-focus option should be a plus.
Now that you know the two important factors of choosing the right Nikon landscape lens for your camera, let’s make your mind even more clear like the landscapes taken with this lens with our reviews of the best 10 Nikon lens that are hot in the market right now.
10. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 105mm
Starting our list with Nikon AF-S FX Nikkor 105mm at number 10, this lens is the world’s first full-frame 105mm with an f/1.4 aperture. The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens is a marvel of optical precision, distortion correction, and craftsmanship. It’s fast maximum aperture make this an ideal optic for available light. It is recommended for portraiture and urban landscapes.
This short telephoto lens can defocus backgrounds with painterly finesse and isolate subjects with three-dimensional fidelity outperforms conventional antireflection coatings. This is perfect for those seeking the ultimate in image quality in photography or videography in the cities such as skyscrapers, indoor stadiums, buildings, etc.
- Full-frame 105mm with an f/1.4 aperture
- Perfect for urban landscapes such as skyscrapers, stadiums, buildings
- Finesse and isolate subjects with three-dimensional fidelity
9. Nikon AF-S FISHEYE NIKKOR 8-15mm
Next on our list at number 9 is the Fisheye lens from Nikon, AF-S Fisheye Nikkor 8-15mm. This lens is the first NIKKOR fisheye lens with zoom capability and features an epic 180 Degree Circular images capture. This lens has a spec of 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED lens that brings a new level of versatility and sharpness to extremely wide-angle lenses, freeing you to choose the right fisheye perspective for the shot.
This is ideal for landscape photography with its large frame and fisheye features. You can create frame-filling images from as close as 0.5 inches from your subject or to follow your passion into challenging, heavily backlit, even wet, and dirty situations for that perfect out in the wild landscape snapshots.
- First NIKKOR fisheye lens with zoom capability and features 180 Degree Circular images capture.
- The spec of 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED lens with a wide-angle and large frame
- Create frame-filling images from as close as 0.5 inches from your subject
8. Nikon AF DX Fisheye NIKKOR 10.5mm
Moving on to 8th place is another Fisheye lens from Nikon, with the AF DX Fisheye Nikkor Lens 10.5mm. This ultra-wide-angle, frame-filling fisheye model is designed exclusively for Nikon’s DSLR models to delivers incredible images with a 180-degree angle of view. It has a 16mm focal length on a 35mm CRC which provides high performance for sharper images when taking pictures up close. Perfect for taking a wide landscape with sharper and clearer details.
To make your photograph elements appear more natural, this Nikon lens features Sensors Rounded Diaphragm and Built-in flower-type lens hood for Ultra-wide picture angle of 180 degrees and optimal image quality from center-to-edge-to-corner on the image. Minimum focus distance from the lens front makes extreme close-ups possible with ED glass elements to reduce chromatic aberration.
- 16mm focal length on a 35mm CRC which provides high performance for sharper images and close-ups
- Ultra-wide angle and fisheye lens, exclusively for Nikon’s DSLR models
- Sensors Rounded Diaphragm and Built-in flower-type lens hood for Ultra-wide picture
7. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm
Next on our list is the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR Model with a wide 16-88m focal length. With the fast f/2.8-4 aperture, VR image stabilization, and Nikon advanced lens technology, this lens covers wide-angle to portrait views with absolutely brilliant image quality. An ideal lens for documenting outdoor vlog, conveying the beauty of landscapes, and capturing photography under low light.
This model is the world’s lightest 5x zoom lens with an F/2.8-4 aperture, which is excellent for softening foregrounds or backgrounds and highlighting your subject. With DX Camera, its zoom range is equivalent to the Nikon 24-120mm FX lens, a professional lens. Featuring Nano Crystal Coat, it eliminates glare, while extra-low dispersion glass and aspherical elements reduce color aberration and enhance sharpness and contrast.
- A wide 16-88m focal length. With the fast f/2.8-4 aperture, VR image stabilization
- Ideal for documenting outdoor vlog, conveying landscapes, and capturing under low light
- Lightest 5x zoom lens with an F/2.8-4 aperture, professional level zoom lens.
6. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 16-35mm
At 6th place is another NIKKOR model but specially made for the FX model although usable with DX-format. The Nikkor 16-35mm f/4.0G AF-S features VR Wide Angle Zoom Lens to satisfy the needs of a broad range of shooters. With a higher 16-35mm focal length, ultra-wide zoom with a greater fixed f/4 maximum aperture, you can beautifully capture higher quality landscape pictures to great details.
With comparably lower prices than the “Pro” lens, NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G is equipped with Nano Crystal Coat, ED glass, and Nikon VR II (4-stop) image stabilization that offers an ideal blend of versatility and high performance similar to that of the pro lens. Before focusing, rotate the zoom ring to adjust the focal length until the desired composition is framed. Enjoy taking landscape pictures with this Nikkor lens!
- Greater spec: 16-35mm f/4.0G AF-S features VR Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- Specially made for FX-format camera, with higher focal length and aperture
- Featured with Nano Crystal Coat, ED Glass and Image Stabilizer
- The pro-quality lens with a considerably lower price
5. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 28-300mm
At number 5 is another powerful zoom lens optimized for FX-format cameras, the AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR. This lens offers outstanding sharpness for a broad zoom range while maintaining a greater f/5.6 aperture at the telephoto end. It also comes with a broad focal length range that’s perfect for travel, landscapes, portraits, and distant subjects. Capturing edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format!
This Nikon zoom lens features a greater 10.7x zoom with Nikon’s VR II image stabilization that allows 3.5 stops* of blur-free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. A remarkably versatile zoom lens best suited for travel and other outdoor applications. Enjoy capturing your outdoor journey with this lens!
- Advance Filtration with 5 liters supply tank
- Produce healthy Alkaline Water
- Convenient and portable usable in your countertop
- Good seal and certified filtration
4. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm
Ranking at 4th place is the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm. This lens goes from wide-angle (18 millimeters) to telephoto (140 millimeters) for great snapshots of any landscape. This high tech lens features Nikon Silent Wave Motor (AFS) for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus, with minimum focus distance 1.48 ft. Good for taking a wide-angle landscape photo from a far distance.
This DX-format lens also comes with VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light situations and at telephoto distances. With Zoom Ratio 7.8 and ED glass, the lens minimizes chromatic aberration and coma. Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare for your perfect snapshots.
- Wide-angle (18 millimeters) to telephoto (140 millimeters) for great snapshots of any landscape
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (AFS) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, minimum focus: 1.48 ft
- VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light and at telephoto distances
- Zoom Ratio 7.8 and ED glass, and SIC to reduce aberration, coma, and flare.
3. NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm
Moving on to our top 3 product is the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor model at a great 55-200mm focal length. This lens is optimized for Nikon’s compact DX-format DSLRs with powerful features to capture your best landscape photographs. Its versatile zoom range goes from 55mm, which is great for portraits and group shots, up to 200mm telephoto for catching close-ups on the sports field, outdoor sceneries, and more.
It comes with Vibration Reduction (VR) mode that provides 4.0 stops for a sharp and steady shot. The featured SIC delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare with ED glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm for natural focus. The lens offers continuous coverage across the entire focal length range from 18mm to 200mm. It’s small and lightweight, ideal for travel and everyday use.
- Versatile zoom range goes from 55mm (Portraits) to 200mm (close-ups and outdoor sceneries)
- Vibration Reduction (VR) mode to help keep your photos sharp and your videos steady
- SIC for superior color quality and reduced flare
- ED Glass to eliminate optical distortion with rounded-seven blade diaphragm
- Retracting design, small and lightweight, ideal for travel and everyday use.
2. Nikon G DX VR 18-200mm
Now moving on two the 2nd best on our list Is the G DX VR 18-200mm model. This Nikon lens offers a broad 18 to the 200-millimeter focal range for use in a variety of situations. It is a powerful lens to capture the beauty of any landscape with Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) that offers superb color reproduction while minimizing ghosting and flare. It has an incredibly high-ratio 11x zoom lens and 18-200mm focal range to capture your favorite shots.
This lens comes with a flower-shaped lens hood (HB-35) that provides greatly reduced stray light. It is equipped with Vibration Reduction that enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture your favorite destinations. The lens enables focusing as close as 50 centimeters from the subject through its entire focal range of 200mm with a 7 blade rounded diaphragm opening that achieves a natural blur for out of focus elements.
- Broad 18 to the 200-millimeter focal range for use in a variety of situations
- Powerful and high-ration 11x zoom lens with flower hood lens
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating that offers superb color reproduction minimizing ghosting and flare
- Vibration Reduction that enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds
- 7 blade rounded diaphragm opening that achieves a natural blur for out of focus elements.
1. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm
Topping our list is the practical and powerful Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm. With this lens, you can explore the extremes of photography and HD video with the ultra-wide-angle coverage. With the widest end of 10mm covering a 109° angle of view (nearly fisheye) and with an aperture of f/3.5-4.5G ED, this lens delivers dramatic perspectives for a creative edge landscape shot. It’s ideal for shooting photos and HD videos of landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture, and more.
It also comes with Nikon Super Integrated Coating SIC to reduce ghosting and flares. It has a 2.4x ultra-wide-angle zoom and f/3.5-4.5G ED to perfectly capture the expansiveness and beauty of the world around you. This lens features ultra-fast, ultra-quiet Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for greater autofocus. You can focus on subjects as close as 0.8-ft. It lightweight compact design also makes it easy for you to carry around everywhere. Enjoy close-up shooting capability with minimal distortion and clear detail-oriented photography.
- Extremes of photography and HD video with the ultra-wide-angle coverage.
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture photography, and more.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating SIC to reduce ghosting and flares
- 2.4x ultra-wide-angle zoom and f/3.5-4.5G ED aperture
- Ultra-fast, ultra-quiet Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for greater autofocus.
- Lightweight compact design for easy carrying
So these are the reviews of the ten best Nikon Landscape Lens and their highlighted features. Now that you know the necessary features to find the perfect lens, you can go forth and use this new knowledge to purchase the best lens and capture your favorite destinations. Remember to consider the type of lens you need, its focal length, and aperture ability to snap your favorite shop! Enjoy shopping and documenting the world!